Tuesday 29 March 2011

Too Long PART 2

Something funky happened with the blog so I had to split it up into 2 parts.

SO! Next is the current state of my Hi Res Multi version soldier.

I should really explain this before I go on anymore.
The purpose behind this is, by using ZBrush's awesome SUBTOOL function, I can create new sections of the mesh, completely separate the main mesh, within seconds. By doing that, I can create multiple versions of sections of clothing and tactical gear. A good example is the pants, I have 1 set of pants with both knees padded, 1 with the left padded only and 1 with the right padded only, so right there I have a possible 3 variations of a soldier. By doing more and more I can (with in reason and time scale) have as many soldier variations as I want as long as they all adhere to the same scaling and general gear set, no crazy sets of gear, although that can be  made in MAYA and then imported in easy.

So here is the break down of what I have thus far. (Should be know that this is my first full scale, Hi Res model, and its a big one... yet another baptism by fire, paying off though!)

And right there we have 5 variations on the same model, true the variations aren't mind blowing but within the realm of game characters that's enough to provide freshness. These obviously aren't finished, more gear and a couple of different helmets and then we are done as well as all the hard surface modeling on these that I have to get my head around.  Within a team this could very well be my job, I could get the brief and my task could be to create ... say... 10 variations on the same theme, by using Zbrush and its awesome subtool master I can get variations, and apply them into low res characters with all the normal/bump/specualar and textural data perfect.

And well... for now that's it, I do intend to update much much more.

PEACE!

1 comment:

  1. Just a note from myself. I realize I didn't alternate the knee pads... only realized that know but it's enough for you to see.

    ReplyDelete