Monday 4 April 2011

Small Update

I thought I'd lay down a small update about my working conditions at home (I', not sure if condition is the right word)

As I'm not in uni everyday I can get up when I want, which is cool, BUT I have given myself a 9 hour work day, so when ever i get up, I must complete 9 hours of work before I can call it quits. Living at home certainly has its advantages but it also comes with a whole world of elements that slow my working day down. Walking the do, cleaning the house, dealing with people coming, family dropping in unexpectedly, etc. When ever these things come I stop the clock, do what needs to be done and then start the clock again. So sometimes I have a good day where I get up at 7:30 and am working by 8:30 and only get 1 delay during the day, then there are SOME days (like today) where I'm really worried I won't get any work done due to the sheer amount of delays, and I can't exactly turn round to my family and tell them to piss off can I... so sometimes I get white was days, this entails me having to take what was on the schedule today and distributing it over the next couple of days to assure that I still complete the task.

With regards to my work area, its pretty good... My Cintiq is still out of commission because of that sodding wire I need o replace so I'm working of an old Graphire4 (with a dead spot in the middle... mmmm...) I use that for either sketching, painting, sculpting in zbrush or texturing. For normal use I use an old mouse which is OK but it could be better. From that desk however I work digitally and traditionally, so things are always messy. In the next couple of weeks I'm putting up a new desk on the other side of the room which is a long desk so that I can have my drawing board and cintiq set up on the long desk, spin round and on my old desk I have my long awaited sculpting desk (I'm talkin' clay sculpture y'all!) so that things will have their rightful place and my room will be in a lesser state of flux than it is at the moment. I'm really looking forward to getting a much more professional feeling studio space, more efficient and conducive to a work orientated state of mind. I have my easel as well but that can be set up where ever... so that s the only pieces that s going be used, but its only an easel.

So that's my fairly useless update, if I can get on with y work day today I will update again later tonight. Will probably be weaponry and level props... fun fun fun.

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment